Saturday, November 11, 2006

Consistently... small

Yep, you heard it here folks, it was consistently small. At least the waves were rolling in at a good clip for the first hour or so, before the northerly wind started screwing things up. The waves got smaller in the process. There were still some fun waves out there and I caught my fair share, so I can't complain.

The water is still in the 60's which is surprising considering that it's already November. The crowds were thin today, so I guess I can't really call it a crowd. A lot of people were watching from the beach, intimidated by the sheer size (or lack) of the waves. I don't understand why the longboarders turned around and left. I was out on my 7'0 and catching waves, so I am sure they could catch just as many if not more. Like I said, the wind was blowing pretty hard by the time I got out of the water.

As for my surfing today, some improvement as I roller coastered a bit on a small wave. Granted, it wasn't a big wave, but still had a shoulder to work with. My pop ups were sort of bad towards the end. I got up on one knee before getting on my feet. Not a good way to get up. I caught one left and the rest were rights. I had one great looking left that I blew. Yep, freaked out because I wasn't sure what to do with it. So weird that I used to prefer lefts and now I like going right. Got to practice!

No surf for me tomorrow as I go contribute to the economy by spending some hard earned money and giving it to people who are already wealthy. Can you guess? Still in Orange County, that magical of places, where all the dreams of one man came true, only to be turned into a machine of capitalism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006