Monday, September 04, 2006

Ding! Ding!

Almost ran someone over yesterday. The guy caught a wave and went right. Two waves later, I caught a wave and went left. I was cruising along, when his head suddenly popped up in front of me, after the wave in front of me crashed. I didn't see him because of the wave in front of me. I kept the trim tight and went left as much as I could. I said, "Holy Smokes!" The guy looked a bit annoyed with me, but I didn't run him over and he was still 5 ft. away, which isn't much, but I steered clear of him. After that, he went a bit farther north from me. Is someone going to invent a bell or a horn to let people know they are coming through or something? Much like a bell on a bike?

The best waves of this 3 day weekend was by far Sunday. There were some chest high waves that rolled in every so often. The water was nice and warm, with little smelt like fish jumping all over the place. The seal swimming around sort of freaked me out. I don't like to be around shark food.

I took out the big board again and just kept catching wave after wave. Was loads of fun and I went both left and right.

Today, the waves sort of died off. The wind started up really early. I was at the lot early, but sat there for 45 minutes waiting for a friend and her friend to show up. The friend's friend wanted to learn how to surf and I don't know where people get the idea that I like to teach people? It's not as if I'm all that great, I'm still a kook at times. Not only was I suppose to "teach" this person, but I had to bring an extra board, too? [I cut out the rest of the rant. Got way too negative.]

Since I brought two boards, I could only bring two fun boards, 7'3 and 7'11. The waves were smaller than Sunday, so I struggled a little on the 7'3. I did catch a few waves before going in to check up on the new guy. I told him I'd help him catch some of the waves on the inside, broken waves.

I did catch enough fun ones that I can't really complain. I was exhausted after my first 3 day weekend of surf in ages. There's supposed to be a swell later this week, can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006