Sunday, August 20, 2006

Small, but still fun

Size got smaller than yesterday and since it wasn't big to begin with yesterday, any reduction in size is a bad thing. There were still waves to be had and I got my share of them. The water was a bit warmer, not by lots again, it didn't make my teeth chatter like it did yesterday. The breeze also started a bit earlier, too.

I surfed the 7'4 slug and it was fun, though a bit tougher. There's been so much repairs done on that board, that it feels a bit sluggish, too. It's not as fast as it should be. The lack of any rocker helps in catching waves, but the weight from all the repairs sort of bogs this board down when I'm paddling. I went right again the majority of the time. Went left a handful of times, but didn't feel right.

The thing I improved on today was flipping the board around at the end of the wave to bail out. Now, I just to complete the kick out and start paddling right away. I still just sort of pop off the board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006