Friday, November 24, 2006

Good Vibrations

Thanksgiving has yielded some good waves, for those who were willing to wake up to beat the high tide at 9:30am. It was a 6 footer, which is nothing to sneeze at. The water is still warm, around the mid 60's. There was a bit of an overcast and no wind.

I caught a bunch of fun waves before a wave hog came along with his tanker of a board. Even my friend was getting a little upset as the guy shoulder hopped him on a wave. No sense of common courtesy and taking turns. With that giant board, he was able to easily come over from 20 yards out and just catch wave after wave. At least I did get some rides while the guy was paddling out. More lefts than rights on Turkey day.

The good vibrations came today (Black Friday). As soon as I hit the water, I found myself in a pack of about 5 or 6 guys of all ages. The youngest one was about 6 or 7 years old and who knows how old the oldest guy was. The key thing was, they were all very cool. They struck up conversation right away and asking how each wave was. They took turns, even offering some waves to me when it was my turn. Just hootering and hollering for each other and cheering anyone else on. It was just good times all the way around. That's what I love about the home break, lots of really cool people who surf there.

Some dolphins were spotted way on the outside, which is a good thing considering that there was a sea lion kicking it on the beach. Someone said, "maybe he knows something we don't?" That's why I was happy that I saw a pod of dolphins on the outside. Makes me feel safer.

Good times... Perhaps the weekend will continue with the good vibes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006