Friday, January 06, 2006

Singlefin: Yellow

Probably one of the better films for someone who isn't a rail to rail surfer. It's really laid back and makes me dream about those perfect waves all around the world. I really want to go to Australia to try out those shoulder high rights that Beau Young is riding. Where did David Kinoshita find such nice waves in Japan?? I can do without Malibu cause I've been there and the vibe sucks there. Every wave is a party wave. Two of my friends had their boards run over by the same guy... purposely.

I recently sent an email asking for the soundtrack. It's not really available in stores. You can get it if you buy it online at some internet sites only if you buy a copy of the dvd. It wouldn't make sense for me to get another copy when mine is perfectly fine and I even put it on my new video iPod.

Get it if you haven't. Inspires me to go out every week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 'bu is unique in many ways. First it's world class (as if you didn't know), if you've ever had the opportunity to surf the perfectly shaped wave (anywhere from a 1-3 foot day all the way to a double over head day) you'd be addicted to it's perfection and understand why it draws crowds.

As for the vibe, you've heard it before, there's a sort of pecking order and it's a bit aggressive when it's going off, just like any other top break. By the way, I've been surfing it on and off since the 80's, back then on a 5-11 teardrop thruster, now perched on the lazy boy on the nose or stretching five.

Have fun surfing.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006