Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A day at the Zoo

The Sunday after a great double header Saturday (the morning made it worthwhile) was very disappointing. The waters back at the home break were red... again! When will it ever stop?

The waves were a little on the small side, but were bowling for some reason. I brought out the 7'11 and continued my streak of pearling. I really had to drop in at angle and even had one of the locals tell me so. It wasn't for lack of trying, just didn't angle it enough most times to catch the waves and teh waves I did catch, it was straight. There weren't any shoulders to ride on and even if there were, I'd have to slalom amongst the crowds. It was just that bad.

In fact, one of my friends dropped in on someone and promptly hopped off after the guy waved for him to speed it up. He jumped off, the guy behind him wiped out cause of my friend's board, total kook moment.

I only stayed a little while cause really, why bother? It was the last weekend of summer and everyone was out there, as if there were no more waves to be had the very next weekend.

Speaking of which, the very next weekend was still red tide days, but the crowds lessened to a degree and the waves were better. I surfed a couple of hours, tried not to wipe out, and went home. Of course, I wiped out enough times that my sinuses were once again clogged. I promptly bought some Sudafed Night time stuff with pseudophedrine to drain things out. It was so bad that even though I went to the beach the next day, I didn't set foot in the water for fear of making things worse. After getting 2 ear infections simultaneously with 2 sinus infections from last year's red tide, I learned my lesson (to a slight degree, since I still do surf in that crap).

Can't wait for this weekend. There are reports of surf and I borrowed a friend's pseudo fish to try out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006