Saturday, August 13, 2005

Better than expected

Forecasts called for 1-2 feet ankle slappers, but you know what? It was better than that. The water didn't look too bad when I first got there either. *Threat of sinus and ear infections lowered.* Paddled out, caught some waist high waves and attempted to catch some chest high waves.

There was a mighty drift going north as well. You could see all the waves coming in at an angle. Needless to say, most waves were lefts, which means I get to go backside. That would be normal convention and what everyone else was doing, but I insisted on going right and got nothing but short rides for my idiocy. Last wave of the day was a left with a nice shoulder. 'Course, the wave wasn't that big, but still a nice way to exit the fun for the day.

There were reports of jelly fish, too. I only saw one half destroyed purple plastic bag looking thing when I walked back in.

There are rumblings of a swell hitting our coast next week. Can't wait!

My new board should be done by then, after more than 2 months of waiting. I thought I'd try a small, local shaper (local if you're in Oceanside). I did see it this past week before it got glossed. Colors aren't what I was picturing in my mind. The rusted orange came out maroon red and the mustard yellow came out golden. Essentially, I got my SC Trojan board to show my colors for the upcoming college football season. The tail looked a little crooked, but maybe that was just my eyes. Still can't wait to test it out at San O. Might have to bring my surf gear down to SD on my next business trip.

Here's to hoping there's more surf tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006