Sunday, August 28, 2005

Thai Tide

Yep, the red tide is back and in full force for the weekend at the home break. Quite depressing, but at least the waves were good.

Saturday was less consistent than today. Surfing a 7'0 then switching to a 9'2 was quite the experience. It seems I brought out the wrong board both days. Yesterday, I thought it would be bigger, so I brought out the 7'0 only to have small, inconsistent waves. Today, to avoid repeating the mistake, I took out the 9'2, only to have bigger waves. Not that that was a bad thing cause I got to catch a few really good rides and even managed to wrestle the behemoth into a nice bottom turn, right into the shoulder. I still can't noseride with it, but did catch one of the better rights, and rides, I've had in awhile.

The first hour today was devoted to teaching a friend how to surf. After that, it was all "me" time with the 9'2.

Because of the red tide, my sinuses are clogged once again and I'm on Benadryl D to clear it up. Hopefully, the sinuses end up drying out so I won't relapse with another sinus or ear infection.

Here's to hoping for more surf for the coming weekend. Might be a chance to head down to SD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006