Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Overhead Beating

Well, the biggest swell of the summer was big... but inconsistent. There were some head high bombs that came through, one of which, cleaned my clock, so to speak. It was the typical scene where someone yells, "Outside!" In this case, no one really yelled, "Outside!" but I turned around in time to see I was in the path for a bruising. I paddled as fast as I could to see if I could at the very least duck through the wave on a 7'11 fun board, but the wave didn't feel that was very nice of me to get avoid it like some creepy girl who stalked you after class one day just because you wrote her a note saying how hot she was when it was really directed to the really hot girl sitting next to her. I got pushed to the sand and just sat there for a short while so that everything would be nice and calm afterwards. Luckily, the inconsistency allowed me to paddle back out again without any more beatings.

I didn't have a memorable ride that day, but it was still fun, even with the beating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006