Saturday, February 11, 2006

High Tide Board Breaker

There's another full moon out this week making the tides messed up in the morning. I went out later in the morning to see small waves with very few people in the water. Good thing I brought the 9'2 or I wouldn't have caught any waves. Towards the beginning, I was catching waves, but they were breaking so close to shore that I had to bail out of them early or risk breaking my board or my neck. The bottom is still screwed up so the waves on the outside are mushy and the inside section is still bowling over. I tried to get barreled a few times, but got pounded into the sand.

As the day went along and the tide was going out, things got better. There was some texture on the surface, but the crowds thinned out completely and I was able to catch some great waves. They weren't epic, but still fun rides.

I recently received a book on how to get better at surfing. It has tons of pictures and gives step by step instructions on what to do. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but plan on doing so. They go through the basics to the advanced stuff. Pick up a copy if you can find it. It's in my car and the next chance I get, I'll put up the title and maybe a link, if I find out where it was purchased. It was a gift after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006