Monday, December 17, 2007

Chill Factor

Winter has come and it was freezing in the water yesterday. I didn't bother with paddling out on Saturday (combination of late night, cold morning, and few waves). I went out yesterday because I brought out the log and there was no one in the water. Within the 100 yards or so of break that I stay between, there were maybe 10 people out. We each had our own spot and only paddled over to talk to one other when the lulls hit.

Things started off promising with a bunch of small rights with workable shoulders. After an hour though, things died. Someone hit the off switch because the lulls became super long and the cold made it worse. The water was only marginally warmer than the air temperature. The sun hid behind clouds every so often, making the lulls feel longer.

I'm debating on buying some gloves and a hoodie. The hoodie looks a bit funky, but I think I may take the plunge and get one. The gloves are still up for debate. Might not be bad to get those webbed ones for extra paddling power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006