Thursday, December 06, 2007

Big Wednesday... sort of

It is definitely the biggest swell of the year that I can think of. I went out to Sunset early yesterday, thinking it was the only place that would hold its shape with such a large swell. The news were already reporting on the swell on Tuesday night.

When I got there around 7:00 (combination of traffic and me being lazy), the place was already filled with other wave riders. It was a zoo. I stuck around for a short while, watching the action, then decided to leave. Blasphemous to waste one of the biggest swells of the year, but I don't like to jump on party waves. I don't trust myself, or others for that matter, in maneuvering around the break without spearing someone.

This has been a small year overall. The only good thing about this year is the lack of rain (which is also bad because we're in a bit of a drought because of it). No rain means no bacteria. The rain is going to start tonight (Thursday) and continue on through the rest of the weekend.

Till the following weekend then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006