Saturday, June 02, 2007

One Paddle Short

It's been a good two months since I've surfed. Biggest fear was not having the stamina or the strength to catch waves. Well, I didn't catch a few, but that's about it. One great right, the other two were just blah. I have to go out again tomorrow to get the strength back.

The water is getting warmer, the skies are overcast, and the wind was mellow. Water has been clear all year because we haven't had that many rainy days. The crowd is still fairly light considering Memorial Day has already come and gone. People are probably still waiting for sunny days before they go to the beach, which is completely fine by me.

Anyway, is anyone else annoyed by "Surf's Up?" Every time I see that movie, I just see the crowds getting thicker. Why oh why did they make a cute surf movie with penguins? I remember that after Blue Crush came out, the beaches and breaks got thicker. You'd think there would be more girls out in the line up, but you'd be wrong. Ah well, everywhere is getting crowded. Is there such a thing as a suburban beach break to escape the dense crowds?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I'm bracing myself for what is going to happen when John From Cincinnati begins on HBO (next Sunday, after the series finale of Sopranos). HBO rarely fails to produce a hit.

I think the beaches are going to begin to crowd from all angles. Here comes summer.

Where do you surf, btw?

10:17 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I surf at Bolsa Chica. Just found out last night that Huntington Beach was closed to the high bacteria count. It could explain why my sinuses are still clogged.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006