Sunday, June 03, 2007

Murky Waters

The dolphins were out in full force, but the water had a distinct brownish/reddish tinge to it. I'm not a big fan of brownish/reddish water. Reminds me too much of red tide and my sinus infections.

The skies were overcast the whole time and I expect it to be this way for the next month with June gloom. The winds were calm and the water was warm, despite the funky color to it. Most of the waves were lefts, though, if you're patient, a few rights would peek through. The drift was pretty strong and deceiving. You didn't know you were drifting until you took the time to look back towards shore and you're one tower farther north. I'm sure some people were swept towards Long Beach.

I caught more waves today than yesterday. My arms are still recovering from their first session in months. Unlike yesterday, my pop ups were smoother. I only took one left and just waited around for the rights. It was better to go right anyway (besides being regular footed) because then I wouldn't have to paddle as much to keep up with the drift.

Crowds were moderate even though there were more cars in the lot. It's the onset of summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006