Friday, April 21, 2006

I got the microwave!

Talk about some pretty small stuff out there. It's always a bad sign when you pull into the parking lot and most of the crowd is standing on the beach, looking forlornly at the water while their boards, even the ones that span the length of some of the cars they are riding on, are getting sun damaged. The sun was out, which is a good thing, about the only good thing yesterday.

I met up with my friend who was just here for a few days. I should have brought out the log, but I took out the fun board, all 7 feet and 11 inches. Surprisingly, I was able to catch a few short rides. Paddle, paddle, paddle, get up, jump off into knee high water. The saddest part of this brief sesh? My hair got went after I jumped off a wave, standing in knee high water, when a wave breaks on top of me. Not because I was duck diving some head high wave, not because I wiped out of a steep wave that was too big for me to handle, but because of a wave breaking on the inside section after my 2 second ride.

I'm hoping that Saturday will be much better, even though they are projecting cloudy skies.

At least the water was a dirty shade of green rather than red or brown.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006