Monday, April 17, 2006

Catch One In

After a few hours of being in the water or just getting a bunch of fun waves, "I'm going to catch the next one in," is a phrase that everyone will use. I may use it, but whether I actually "catch one in" is another matter altogether. Case in point, yesterday was sort of small, 1-3 feet, nothing bigger than that. I brought out the 9'2 knowing it was going to be small. I catch a bunch of waves before things started to slow down. My friend yells out, "I'm catching the next one in!" To which, I reply, "Me too!"

He goes on to catch a bunch more waves before riding one in. I sit out there trying to catch anything in. Anything at all! I'm just bobbing like a buoy more than anything else. after each attempt, I drift ever closer to shore. It just got to the point where I paddled a little bit and walked the rest of the way in.

The water was nasty yesterday, too. The sun finally broke through the remaining clouds, but I could tell, right as I walked in, that the water was not pretty. When the waves were crashing in front of me it looked reddish brown. The water right on shore was clear! It just started to darken as you walked out. The dolphins were out in force, which means the water is semi-decent, right? Right? Good thing I didn't wipe out much, just a quick dunk in the water a few times after a few waves and sometimes when I was paddling out.

Here's to cleaner water!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006