Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Color of Jade

It wasn't quite as hot this week as it was last week, but the weather was still nice. Anyone still wearing a wetsuit was probably burning up inside. The water was nice and toasty. Too bad there were no waves to go along with the warm waters.

The crowds weren't as bad, probably due to the lack of a swell of any size. The parking lots had more than a few RVs outside of the RV area. Oh well.

I brought out my 7 footer, which I'm a bit out of shape for as well as unsuited to my laziness. Whatever waves I did catch, the rides were short. The high tide wasn't that high and I paddled out an hour after the peak of 3 feet something.

The water was a deep, deep green. Very enchanting color, but it won't ever be the blue that I associate with the Pacific. I hope that one day, someone is able to create a giant filter for the ocean so that maybe it turns the shade I envision.

Even though it appeared clean and the dolphins swimming around seems to reaffirm that notion, there was still some bacteria (obviously) in the water. My nose didn't completely drain. There's very little fluid left in the sinuses, but I still have the sexy voice, like I have a cold. Can't win them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clerks II - July 21, 2006